We are dedicated to protecting your personal information and are transparent about what information we hold about you. Personal information allows us to obtain a more comprehensive understanding of our patrons and in turn provide relevant and timely information about the work that we do - both on stage and within our community.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our theatre, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
- what personal data we collect from you;
- how we use your information;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
In accordance with UK data protection laws, Hafren Theatre is responsible for any personal data that we collect about you or that you provide. If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement, please contact
Hafren, Llanidloes Road, Newtown, Powys SY16 4HU
Personal information that we collect from you
Hafren Theatre may collect the following information from you:
- Contact & Financial Data - We will ask for personal information when you register on our website, sign up to our mailing list, purchase tickets, make a donation or order a service from us. We will retain personal information such as your name, postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers), email address, bank account and card details.
- Transaction Data - We will take information about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us. A record of your bank or credit card details used to make purchases is kept temporarily and solely to process your transaction or refund.
Cookies can be disabled while visiting our site by changing the settings in your browser. Disabling cookies may impair your experience when using this and most other websites you visit; you may be unable to use some essential features.
- Data through Interaction - We store information regarding mailings you have been sent and record and analyse data on clicks, opens, social activity and purchases for the purpose of campaign performance. We also store your correspondence and communications with Hafren Theatre.
- When you provide us with information in relation to an event that you are attending, we may further ask you about your access requirements and dietary preferences.
Ticketsolve - https://www.ticketsolve.com/privacy-policy-and-cookies
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update?ref=old_policy
Twitter - https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
Mailchimp - https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
Welsh Government - https://gov.wales/welsh-government-privacy-notice
Arts Council of Wales - https://arts.wales/documents
National Lottery - https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/privacy-policy?icid=bsp:na:tx
Powys County Council - https://en.powys.gov.uk/privacy
We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
How we use your information
Depending on your communication preference, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Contract Purposes - We process and store your data whenever you purchase from us or make a donation to us for the purpose of fulfilling our contract. It allows us to process payments and refunds, respond to enquiries, contact you by email, post or telephone in the case of a rescheduled or cancelled performance.
- Marketing & Communications - Depending on your communication preference, you may receive occasional mailings notifying you of upcoming events, special offers, our plans and progress, and our community engagement workshops. We provide you with the option to choose how you would like to receive communications. If you do not wish to hear from us then you may opt out of our marketing campaigns at any point by clicking the unsubscribe link at the footer of emails you receive from us. In the case of postal mailings, you may object to receiving these at any time using the contact details above.
- Survey Participation - We may occasionally ask you to participate in evaluation surveys and market research to improve our services or refine our programmes, particularly in our Community Outreach and Education platforms.
- Legitimate Interests - We may need to contact you to manage a query, complaint or dispute and in some circumstances disclose your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
How we ensure your privacy is maintained
Your personal information is retained for as long as it's necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. Once the relevant purpose is met, we securely delete or anonymise your data unless we have to retain it for inspection or legal requirements.
The security of your personal information is a priority for us. We take the appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard all the information we hold (and endeavour to only work with third parties who provide equivalent protections). All of our staff receive regular data protection and security training.
We make every effort to keep your personal information accurate. If you notice any errors or inaccuracies, please email:
Your legal rights relating to your personal data
You have the right to access your data at any time and object to how it is used, have it corrected or deleted. For any questions or concerns you may have, you can contact us using the contact information below.
Should you require any further information about our privacy practices or if you wish to request details about the data we hold, or exercise any of the above rights, please feel free to contact us by using the information below:
address: Hafren, Llanidloes Road, Newtown, Powys SY16 4HU
This privacy statement was last updated in May 2023.